Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Big C!!!! Yep, it's Cancer

So my worse fear has come to pass!
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on Monday!
I've had a biopsy and am waiting for results and more tests!
I'll be glad when the waiting is over! Do doctors know how hard it
is to wait?  Every ache or twinge I wonder if that is a sign of the
cancer in a different area.
My mind is in over drive of all the things that could happen!
I know that people recover from this.  My Mom did and she didn't have
the most healthy of lifestyles!  She still smoked and her eating wasn't all that great.  I've checked about what to eat, have stopped sugar, started to drink green tea and eat a lot of fish, veggies and fruit!

One of my worries is cost. Insurance will cover the basics but I might need to
buy somethings from the UK or USA.  Also not working while in hospital, how
to cover that. This is one draw back of working for yourself.  Maybe I'll set up a go fund me page!

This blog might become my ranting place!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Please try not to worry.
    That was a stupid thing to tell you, of course you will worry!!!I work in a school and we have had 4 women with breast cancer and all are doing great. Stay positive. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! I am trying not to worry but my brain is refusing to co-operate, so I go round in circles with all the what ifs!! Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers, I really feel they help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog quietly for a while, but I just wanted you to know that I'm praying for you and your family. Both my grandmother and aunt were/are breast cancer survivors, and I know many other survivors as well. I sincerely hope you will overcome this as well. Stay positive and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete