Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Hannah's Birthday

The other week we celebrated Hannah\s birthday! It is hard to believe that my little preemie, who had less than a 30% chance of living is now 16!
Her birthday bought back so many memories of her birth!  Dashing to the hospital, the doctor trying to stop labour, giving birth to this tiny baby and her being taken to one of the best NICUs in this area!  The hours of waiting to see if she survived the first night!  Then the months of daily hospital visits!  Added to my stress was Mikey's fifth grade teacher.  The school was holding its annual sports day at the end of May.  Mikey didn't want to do it and I was fine with that!  We talked to the teacher but she insisted on constantly calling my husbands cell phone.  He asked her not call during hospital visits as we had to talk to the doctor.  She called, my husband got so angry!  She never called again. Looking back on that time I really don't know how I coped.  I know that I drew strength from my husband.  He was really my hero at that time!

Now 16 years later she is driving me crazy!  She loves musicals. Which, in one way, is great, much better than the J-Pop idols, most of whom can't sing.  But it is an expensive hobby!  She wants to see live musicals as much as possible.  I must admit that I enjoy watching them as well but at $80 plus dollars for one ticket it does add up.  Plus DVDs, fan club membership, books!  But she understands when I say I can't afford certain tickets.  There is a musical she wants to watch but the tickets are $150 each, there are cheaper tickets but if I am going to pay I would rather get the best!  When I told her I couldn't afford it, she just accepted it and asked if she could get the DVD for Christmas!  No hysterics, no sulking, no screaming at me for being unfair, just okay can I get a DVD!  I think she had to grow up fast and knows that hysterics is not going to help!

In other news we have been adopted by a cat! This cat kept sitting outside the living room window, crying pitifully. I felt so sorry for her, she is a skinny little thing.  So I bought cat food.  Mikey moaned at me for that.  But then he sits outside playing with the cat.  When ever we open the door she runs in!  When we have students coming and going its a case of chasing the cat out.  Can be rather fun! And the dog is jealous!


No comments:

Post a Comment