Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

A lot of Shopping and a Bit of Gardening

My friend came by yesterday and took me shopping.  I am so grateful to all my dear friends, both in real life and online.  My dear friend who takes me shopping really gets where I'm at.  Her husband passed away 15 years ago. She really understands that even a simple thing as buying a steam cleaner is not that simple.  That's what I bought yesterday.  I had one before but it got dropped and broke.  I've been wanting a new one for ages but kept putting it off. Then last week I noticed a build up of mold that even the strongest bleach wasn't moving and the only thing I could think of to do was buy a steam cleaner,  So we went to a home center store and I stood there looking at the limited choice of steam cleaners, big size or small size.  I stood and thought, thought about what my husband would say ( something along the lines of "lets check online first").  I stood and thought some more, do I really need this? Yes, Can I really afford this?  Kind of if I am a bit more careful with running the air conditioner.  Should I buy it today or wait for another time?   Through all this my friend was quiet, she understood that this was not an easy decision and that I needed time to think things through.  In the end I bought the steam cleaner.  I am very grateful to my friend for driving for me and helping me to buy what I need. 

The bit of gardening was this morning.  I don't really enjoy gardening.  I like it when it looks nice or when we have grown some nice vegetables but the process is hard.  I have a hard time with any kind of insects, anything that creeps or crawls has me screaming my head off, gives the kids a good laugh.  This morning I got up early and went out to cut the front hedge, it has been looking awful.  David came and helped.  So the front looks a lot a better.  The back needs a really good clean up but that will have to wait for another day. 
Mikey is still away on his driving course.  He passed his first test on Friday and will have his drivers test this coming Friday,  I really hopes he passes. We need a car and driver.  I have already planned out where I want to go shopping.  I'm going to need a lot more money!

No comments:

Post a Comment