Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The car has gone

15 years ago we bought our first car, a Toyota Noah, 8 seat people carrier. It was a good car, few problems, but we kept the engine maintained, not so much the body. We had many adventures in that car. It really tested hubby's driving skills.  But it had to go.  After hubby died we had no driver, so the car just sat in the carport for 5 months.  I would go and start the engine every few days to stop the battery from dying.  But seeing it just sitting there made me so sad, it reminded me of outings with the kids, of Costco shopping and bargin hunting around the shops. Of dropping the kids off at school then hubby and I would go somewhere for a bit, mini dates if you like.  So many memories!  But it had to go, this month the tax was due and I really didn't want to pay tax on something that I can't use.  So yesterday a friend of hubby's who deals in cars came and took it away.  The carport is empty and I feel that another chapter of the life that was my hubby's is closed!





Few shots of the car

                                                                                                                                                                      


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always tough to part with things that remind you of a loved one. I had a piano sitting in my house for the longest time, that used to belong to my mother, and even though I got rid of it years ago, the empty space it used to occupy still reminds me of her.

    Lonnie @ Viva Chevy

    ReplyDelete