Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Holiday....over!

So the two weeks of spring holiday are finished.  David and Hannah are back to school tomorrow. Mikey and I start teaching tomorrow as well.  Christopher's entrance ceremony is on Wednesday.
These two weeks have gone very fast!!!  I had great plans but.......!   We went to the city for a day, just mooching around the stores.  It was nice just to get out of the house for a day.  We bought a couple of books and a few bits and pieces.  Treated ourselves to KFC.  We got into a fit of giggles, Christopher said that KFC means kind friend Christopher.... I countered that with my own meaning...kill the f.....g chicken!!  Of course the kids thought that hilarious.   We also went to Mr Donuts, that was nice.  On the way home we got the fixings to make lasagna.  So lasagna and a nice movie to round out the day.
That was our only outing.  But we had fun at home.  I enjoy board games and now that everybody is old enough to play it is a nice way to pass an evening.  Christopher, Hannah and I had a game of ludo.  Christopher got a bit carried away at one point, jumped up from his chair and landed heavily on it.  There was a lovely splintering sound, the chair broke!!!   Never mind!!!  These things happen.
We also played monopoly, I lost both times!!!  I want to play scrabble but my kids spelling isn't that good...but I could win that!
Otherwise the time was spent reading, cleaning, studying English for the kids, cleaning, studying Japanese for me and more cleaning.  Cleaning is never ending!!  I hate cleaning.  But I hate a mess even more!!   
So a new school year!!   Hannah gets a new teacher and new classmates.  She is very excited about tomorrow.  I'm glad about that.    5th grade means new subjects as well, they get to do home economics.  And a little bit of English!   Should be interesting!
Well I think that is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment