Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

I hate nights

During the day I can cope with my grief.  I am busy, cleaning, cooking, teaching, more cleaning, more cooking!  Sometimes grief sneaks up on me and catches me unawares but after shedding few tears or deep sigh escapes me I just move on with the thing to be done.  Not easy but I manage.

But the nights are awful.  I have suffered form insomnia most of my life but never as bad as this.  Add to the fact that I am a very light sleeper doesn't help at all.  This was one thing about my hubby that really amazed me, he could sleep through anything!  Crying babies, typhoons, thunderstorms and even a small earthquake, nothing woke my hubby.  Me, on the other hand, a dog barks two blocks away wakes me, starts to rain, I wake up, one of the kids gets out of bed to use the toilet, I'm awake.  Before I would just turn over and go back to sleep.  When insomnia hit before I had certain things that would help.  Sleepytime tea, warm milk, nice warm bath, relaxing music and when things got bad, allergy medicine.  Now nothing helps.  Last night I went to be at 10pm, cried until midnight, got up at 1am to use the toilet, watched TV, drank some herbal tea. Went back to bed at 2:30 and fell asleep at 4am but woke up 5:30 and decided to get up.  I am so tired and it makes me  really miserable.  I get plenty of exercise and I'm physically active during the day.  Nobody here can drive so I do a lot of walking everyday.  I thought that would help but it doesn't.  I am seriously thinking of going to the doctors and getting some sleeping tablets.  I don't like to but maybe no choice.  I'll give myself a few more days, then see if I need help or not!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can find a way to get the sleep you need soon. I don't think that resorting to sleeping pills would be a bad thing - I have family members who take them only as needed - especially when travelling and they say they just give them that extra bit of relaxation they need to fall asleep. Here's hoping you have lots of solid nights of sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo,
      I've taken sleeping tablets before and I don't mind doing it again. it's just the thought of spending hours in the doctors, picking up whatever is going around just to get some tablets!!! I really don't like doctors!!

      Delete