Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Good, The Bad and The Miserable

The good is Christopher's entrance ceremony is over and done with. Talk about a load of faffing around!  The kids were told how to sit, how to stand up and bow then sit down.  This is a high school entrance ceremony not kindergarten.  I found it rather weird at how much bowing goes on, the headteacher gave the first speech.  He stood up bowed to the vice headteacher, bowed the PTA representative, bowed to the Japanese flag, bowed to the kids and parents.  Gave his speech then on the way back he did the same set of bows in reverse order.  Each speaker did the same, I think more time was spent bowing than anything else.

The miserable is the fact that the ceremony took 3 hours and the gym was freezing.  I honestly thought that my pee would freeze if I went to the toilet!!  After spending hours in the gym we had to go to the home room, but we were the last ones there so had to stand in the door with a horrible bitter wind blowing!

Anyway some pictures from today





                
   
 
 
 
 
The bad is my washing machine, it broke!!!   It's a washer/dryer.  Yesterday Hannah asked me to was her jeans for today so I put some things in the machine and set it to was and dry. When I came back after teaching there was an awful smell of burning plastic!!!  The machine won't open and won't turn on either.  So looks like I have to buy a new machine, so not happy about that!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment