Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Kids

My kids are great.  They are dealing with the death of their Dad in an amazing way.  They have all sat up at night and had a cry with me, they talk to each other and support each other and me.
But they all have my hubby's terrible sense of humor!
Last month I needed to order somethings from a Japanese catalogue.  But I can't read or write Japanese. So I asked David for some help, basically putting in my name and address and payment method.  He was having some problem with my name as the web page didn't recognise  the romanaji.  So being a clever lad he changed my name Jackie to kanji     邪気   looks okay.....I couldn't understand what he was grinning about.  A few minuets later I got the confirmation email.  My email has a translation application on it,  most of the time it doesn't make sense but I can figure things out.    There was my name Ms. Evil Spirit...yep that is what the kanji that my son chose for me means ....evil spirit!!!!  Lets just say that I can move very fast when needed and gave him a good chase and a whooping when i caught him, which was easy has he was having a giggling fit!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great sense of humor! Perhaps it is lucky you worked out what it meant before you decided to use it in the future! The kanji that a teacher gave me for my name when I first arrived here is a "like a sweet apricot"..... she obviously didn't know me very well!

    ReplyDelete