Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Christopher's Busy Week

This past week has been really busy for Christopher.  On Tuesday and Wednesday he had High School entrance tests.  He had to walk to the school, which took about half an hour.  Tuesday Mikey walked with him, just make sure he got there okay.  Actually it was more to reassure me than anything else, I worry way too much!!  Tuesday was lovely spring weather, just right to a walk.  Wednesday was rain, rain and more rain, then very strong wind, not good for walking in!!  Christopher said the test was okay, and some points easy. Does this mean he did okay or he missed a load of questions?  Again worrying!!!  We won't know until next week, March 19th, fingers crossed that he gets in!!!

Then today was his graduation.  Very long and rather boring.  I always feel that the joy is sucked out of these ceremony's!  I know that ending one period in your life is sad but at the same time there should be a feeling of hope and moving forward.  Maybe that is talked about in the speeches, most of which I missed.  I just shut off sometimes and stop listening.  After the main ceremony, in the freezing gym, we all went back to the homeroom.  There each student stood up and gave a little speech.  Christopher got every bodies attention by speaking in English, to me, first, then switching to Japanese.  Very smooth!! 
I'm glad that this is over and done with.  I've been so worried about everything, tests and graduation.  I have never had to deal with all these things by myself before.  I made Mikey come with me.  I wasn't sure that I could go through it without breaking down.  Mikey is very calm and helps me out.  It felt weird to sit there without hubby.  I guess it  will never feel right!!

Anyway some pictures from today


The program

Christopher's class entering

the song that made me cry

Christopher giving his little speech

With his homeroom teacher  Mrs Ueno

With a class mate

Japanese teacher who has helped Christopher a lot

Me and Christopher

Another class mate

ALT teacher from Germany, teaching English

Headteacher

And Goodbye to Tosu Junior High School

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the ceremonies. I have just come home from a kindergarten one (not my kids!) and the first 45 minutes was speeches... not exactly interesting for a 6 year old!
    Good luck with the exam results - we have another 3 years till we need to be dealing with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next 3 years will go so fast, junior high school goes by so fast!!
      45 minutes is far too long for kindergarten kids, poor dears!!

      Delete
  2. I'm here to give you a supportive "hug". I'm sure it must be so difficult having to do all these things without your husband. I can't even imagine it. Step by step and one day at a time. I'm thinking that you and the children must really have banded together, it seems that way in your photos, which are lovely, by the way. You have beautiful children.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on another milestone behind you.....they grow so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I'm glad that this is over and done with, I really wasn't looking forward to it!! They do grow quickly, I was holding a friends baby the other day, it felt like just yesterday that my kids were that little!!

      Delete