Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Tired

I am very tired today.  Exhausted more like!
Friday was Christopher's graduation.  I think sitting in the cold gym for hours made me tired.
Saturday was shopping, not easy with no car.  The local supermarket is good but seems very expensive for some things.  Then from 1:30 to 9pm teaching.  Thankfully all my students are very nice and easy to teach.
Sunday I decided on a little adventure.  Hubby was our driver.  Since he died we haven't really been anywhere.  I am not big on going places, especially on Sunday, but I thought the kids would like
to get out a bit.  Also I haven't used public transport very much so I need to learn where the buses and trains run from and to!!  So Sunday morning we set off to Kurume.  By car it would take maybe half an hour.  But we had to walk to the train station, about 40 minutes, train 10 minutes and bus another 10 minutes. We went to the library, I wanted to walk around the park behind the library, but it rained.
The kids had a good day and I realised that we can do things without a car.  Not easy but doable.  We got obent on the way back and watched a DVD together.  I'm trying to be with the kids as much as possible, I realise how short life is.  We really don't when our number is up!!
I got to bed nice and early.  But was woken by the awful storm that raged from about 4am.  The wind was really strong and I got scared.  I came down for a drink but could hear a rattling from the back yard.  I thought that something had been blown down.  When I looked out I could see a white shape moving through the yard.  I realised that the dog had gotten free.  I managed to get her but had to get Christopher to put her back!!!  She is really big and strong, she also suffers from selective hearing, if she has something more interesting to do she ignores us!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can have many more outings in the near future. I'm not sure if I could cope without a car where we live - the buses only run twice a week!

    ReplyDelete