Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Typhoon or not typhoon

Typhoon number 15 of the season is passing by.  The center of the storm is out at sea off the coast of Nagasaki.  Here we have been treated to some rain and a lot of wind!!  A few things that weren't tied down in the yard have gone flying and a lot of the goya have been blown down,which I am happy about!!
 We are in the last week of the summer holidays, the past six weeks have gone very fast and as always I haven't done half the things I had hoped to do.  Tomorrow I want to spend some time with Hannah doing some sort of craft.  I am not very crafty, great ideas but reality turns out different.  Still should be fun to try!!  Also have to get Christopher to do some cooking, these kids need life skills.

Today I found a great recipe for cabbage.  At the moment cabbage is very cheap but of the course the kids don't want cabbage everyday.  This recipe is very simple, quick and delicious.  First cook a few rashers of bacon, I use the microwave.  Chop cabbage, place in a pot with a little water so it basically steams, stir occasionally, when it is cooked add black pepper, pinch of salt and margarine.  Mix in chopped bacon and serve.



Bacon and cabbage, even Hannah enjoyed it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment