Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Desk

I finally got a new computer desk.   For most people taking out an old desk and putting in a new one would take a couple of hours.  But we are not most people and of course it has taken a few days!!  Still not finished!!   When we removed the old desk hubby had a bright idea to move all the other furniture out of the living room and put the carpet right.  The carpet kept bunching under the sofa and driving me crazy.  Sounds easy but it wasn't.  Last week some time the air conditioner poured water into the living room, basically near the TV.  When it happened I mopped up the water that I could see but didn't realise that most of the water had gone under the unit that the TV was on.  When we moved the TV we found that the floor under the carpet had gone moldy and the TV unit was also moldy.  So we had to throw out the TV unit and buy a new one.  So 3 days after putting in the new desk I am still waiting to finish the living room.  The TV is on a dinning chair at the moment and every time somebody walks past it I stop breathing!!!
Today is the last day of the summer holidays for Christopher and Hannah.  The time has flown and as always I didn't do all the things I had hoped.  This year my health has really taken a turn for the worse and I have very little energy to do anything.  As the weather cools down I should feel better but then my allergies start.  I can't get a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment