Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Birthday Blues

It was my birthday this week and I am so down about it!!  I had a lovely day, some pressies, went out to an all you can eat restaurant for lunch, picked up a load of DVDs to watch after and basically just hung out with my family all day. I didn't cook, clean or do laundry, of course I had to do everything today, but for one day I just relaxed!!  Nice.  So why the blues?  Because I am now 50.  The big five oh, half a century.  No escaping the reality of half a life finished and what to look forward to!!  I know the kind of life I want, travel, fun and seeing my kids marry, few grand kids but we are broke, living month to month with no savings and no way to save and to be honest it scares me!!!  Japan is not one of the cheapest places to live and the welfare system here sucks.  So I guess from now on is the super frugal time.  But I want to buy things, go places and enjoy life, not worrying about every single yen!  Such is life!!   I will get over this and start to think more positive about things.....one day!

Got my hair cut and colored the other day and Hannah got a trim.   We both look a lot better!


Hair looks nice but Hannah is pulling faces!!!
And the table got cleared off, I am so happy about that!!

From this  to


to this, still a few bits on the floor that need to find a home but a lot better






No comments:

Post a Comment