Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ouch and Yuk

Ouch is the pain from having a tooth out! I had a tooth removed on Tuesday and it still hurts, like really screaming, crying, ranting at everybody hurts. I know it's my own fault, I lost a filling about two years ago and kept putting off going to the dentist until all the surrounding tooth had rotted away.  The past couple of weeks the tooth, or rather root started to hurt, not a lot, but sometimes a sharp pain when eating or brushing my teeth.  Next week is the Obon holiday and the dentist will be closed, so I screwed up all my courage and went.  This will get better, that is what I keep telling myself.

Yuk is mold, the horrible black kind that grows when you aren't looking!!   Christopher, Hannah and I have had a cough for over a month.  I kind of figured it was allergy related, so I set myself the mission of keeping the dust and mold down, kind of difficult but I thought I was winning.  Then on TV the other day was a programme about mold causing pneumonia.  One thing they showed was mold growing in the shower head.  So I checked our bathroom, the shower head was clean.  Next I checked the tap in the wash basin, that is also like a shower head, the whole thing was black.  I was so shocked, we were brushing our teeth in water that had been filtered through mold.  No wonder we are sick.  Anyway I gave it a good clean.  I never would of thought to check there, I always thought that because water is running through then mold wouldn't grow!!!  I hope now that with the new medicine we have and the mold being removed that we can get better!!

And something nice to end with.  Ginger Stir -Fried Zucchini.  I got this recipe from Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen.  I picked this book up from Bookoff for just 100 yen!!


Here's the recipe

5ml vegetable oil
500ml sliced zucchini
half red onion, sliced
10ml chopped ginger root
15ml sodium reduced soy-sauce
5ml dark sesame oil

In a non stick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat;  stir fry zucchini,onion and ginger for 1 minute.
Add 15ml of water, cover and steam for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender crisp, adding more water if necessary to prevent scorching.
Stir in soy-sauce and oil.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves four.


No comments:

Post a Comment