Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Obon and summer holidays

This week is the annual Obon holiday.  This is a Buddhist holiday, commemorating ones ancestors.  Many people return to their hometowns at this time of year.  The graves are visited, cleaned, fresh flowers are placed, incense is burned and prayers said for those who have gone before us!
this holiday is also one of the 3 main holiday periods in Japan.  Although returning to ones hometown is the traditional holiday at lot of people take the chance to travel, train stations, airports and roads are crazy, and the price of tickets reflect this!!! 
Today starts my holiday, I have one week with no teaching.  As much as I enjoy my work I do need a break, a chance to refresh and get ready for the next long spell, basically no long holidays from now until Christmas.  I have a lot I want to get done this week, but most of the time I want to hang out with the kids, just spend time together!!!  We are heading out later to visit a good friend of mine and get some shopping done other than that it is an at home week!!  Nice and relaxed!
We did a bit of shopping yesterday, basically I wanted to go to the 100yen shop and get a few crafting things to do with the kids.  Hubby went off to the electric store.  He called me and said that he had bought some copy paper, some is not the word I would use.

A lot of paper, I can make loads of worksheets!!! Enough for 2 years a least!

No comments:

Post a Comment