Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Time Flies

I can't believe that it's already August!  Where does time go?
The past week has been rather busy, work busy and fun busy!
I lost Mikey Wednesday and Thursday, not lost lost, but he was out for both days.  And of course those two days are the busiest fot teaching. Mikey does almost all the kiddies classes.  He is a very good teacher, being bilingual helps and he has a lot more energy than I have!!  Anyway I had to do his lessons for those  days.  Poor kids were terrified of me, which worked to my advantage, they were very quiet.  I think the classes were good.  When I told them that Mikey would be back next week all the kids were very happy!!  That was the busy work.
Busy fun has been hanging with the my kids.  Both Christopher and Hannah have a load of homework to do.  Summer homework is a big thing in Japan.  Because the school year starts in April summer is in the middle of the year. The summer homework is a review of the  first term.  But it always seems to be a bit too much.  I feel the kids need some time to relax and get refreshed for the second term, which is very long, September to the end of December. Also there are very few holidays in the second term.  Always seems rather unbalanced to me, but that's the way it is.
So we are still doing homework, most is done.  This week Hannah and I painted our nails, kind of nice girly thing to do.  Bright red colour!


I never realized how white my hands were before

Hannah showing off her nails, please excuse the mess behind!!!!!!

Christopher had 3 days of school, yes it is the holiday but the kids still have to go to school...go figure!!
He has got the same cough as me, so off to the doctor for him!!!
Haven't had much chance to do anything with Christopher as yet, I hope to teach him to cook a bit and we have a massive 1000 piece puzzle to do!!
Hannah has her small pool out the back.  It would be nice to take her to the swimming pool near here, but everybody has been busy, hopefully next week.
And the garden has taken over.  It's a jungle, but at least the sun is off the windows which helps!



A jungle, the leaves in front are beans!

Goya, these are really bitter but somehow good!



There is a house behind there!


Hannah in her pool


and Christopher studying

And the great bedroom challenge is almost done.  We managed to get a loft bed for Mikey and David's room.  It's massive but has a load of space underneath, complete with built in desk, bookshelf and drawers!  Looks a lot better, few more things to do but getting there!
The new bed/desk, looks better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment