Pages

Friday, May 26, 2023

Downsizing

 The house we are in now has two large Japanese-style rooms that we use for teaching, a large open-plan living, dining, and kitchen area, and four bedrooms.   The house we have to move to is about half the size.  There's a large Japanese-style room that has the family Buddhist altar, two small bedrooms, a kitchen/dining area, and a small living room.  There is a massive two storey storage area next to the house which we are thinking of converting to extra bedrooms.  But even with that, we have too much stuff.  So we have to downsize as much as possible.  We've already started.  Today Mikey took a car full of books to the recycle place, the books will be turned into recycled paper, which is good.  Most of those books were the kid's textbooks from elementary and junior high school, loads of out-of-date books from teaching.  The big problem for me are all the kid's books that I still have.  They are in the room that I use for teaching, some are picture books that the students can look at, some are story books, Mikey reads them to the younger students, translating to Japanese as he goes.  

Some of the books in the teaching room
Most of these I will give away to other international families.  At least I hope to!!

Doing this is driving me crazy!  I think we have done a lot to move to the other house but then I realize that there is still a lot to do!!  Sometimes I feel that we will never have the other house ready to move into.  I guess we just have to keep on.  I don't have much confidence that I can do a lot in the summer but have to try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment