Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2023

The House Again

 Last Friday David, Christopher and I went to the house to clear out more stuff.  

Now is the hard part.  The past few months I've thrown out most of the stuff my mother-in-law had saved. That was easy as I had no feelings for the things that she had collected.  The only emotion I had was what a waste of money!  Now I have to sort and throw out the things I've been hanging onto.  Friday it was the massive collection of books.   Hundreds of books, maybe thousands.  We set up bookshelves for the ones I want to keep.  That has made the idea that we are really moving there more real.  Seeing books out of the boxes and onto bookshelves means we are moving.  I'm still trying to find a way to get enough money to buy a place where we are.  I thought of selling the house and land but it wouldn't be enough to buy something here.  So I have to accept, even though it breaks my heart!

Looking through the books bought back so many memories.  Books I bought for the kids to read and books I read to them.  Some of those I kept.  The next big problem is the huge pile of videos, DVDs and CDs.  I have no idea where these can be thrown away.  Also the toys.  I must have spent a fortune on my kids!!

Outside storage, a lot of stuff for fieldwork

Driveway to the outside storage

Stone house in the garden, I never noticed it before

When I returned from the house I found the kitchen sink was blocked again.  Another call to the plumber but we had to wait until today before he could come.  3 days without a kitchen sink, is kind of crazy! We managed but I'm glad to have it fixed.

And today Hannah went to the city by herself to watch a musical.  It's based on a Japanese anime, so I have no idea what the story is.  She looked all grown up this morning when she left.  

Going to the theater


No comments:

Post a Comment