Pages

Friday, April 28, 2023

Plans vs Reality

 I had great plans for this week.  Actually, I have great plans for every week.  But the reality is that nothing gets done.

This week I really wanted to tackle some of the yard.  It's a disaster again!

But Monday I was tired and spent time cleaning the kitchen.  Tuesday and Wednesday it rained, which means the weeds have grown even taller.  Thursday was busy with classes.  Friday I had to go and buy a mat to put on my mattress.  Then today, Saturday, I have classes and it is raining again.  There is always tomorrow but I might go to the other house and get more done there!




My garden...the disaster

One problem I have is planning things at night.  Instead of sleeping, I lie there thinking about all the things I have to do and all the things I want to do.  The next morning I'm so tired that only half of what I was thinking about gets done.  

Another problem I have is sorting out all the stuff that I've dumped at the other house.  The past few weeks I've been sorting out all of my mother-in-law's stuff.  That was easy as I have no emotional attachment to the things.  I felt that it was all waste of money but that was all.  Now I have to start throwing out things that I've bought, things that have memories attached to them and it's going to be hard.  But it needs to be done.  A couple of years ago when I started this process I had a hard time throwing out all the baby clothes that I had.  So I chose one item from each child to keep.  These were the clothes that had a lot of good memories attached to them.  Also, I've kept all the cardigans that my mom made.  Doing that made it easier to let go.  For me, that is the best thing to do.  Does anybody else have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment