Pages

Monday, February 27, 2023

February

 I know that February is the shortest month but it has gone really fast.  I think part of it is being so busy and counting down to moving out of here, only 22 months to go and so much to do.  Actually, I'm hoping to move earlier.  January is far too cold and that house is colder.  So my idea is to start moving in October 2024.  Still not happy about it but no choice.  Looking for one good thing.  Kids keep telling me that I won't have to pay rent, which is good but I'll have to get a loan to repair everything, so no real change.  Found out yesterday that the bathroom sink will need changing.  It looks like it wasn't installed properly as there is tape connecting it to the wall and the waste pipe is damaged.  Not going to think about that at the moment!

Good things this month.  Hannah got her driver's license.  She passed the driving part last September but failed the written test by one point.  It takes a few hours to do the test so she hasn't had the time or Mikey has been too busy to take her.  Finally got their schedules to mesh up, she went last Friday.  I'm glad that is finished, she can focus on her studies.  The school year finished earlier this month, and she got a 3.2 GPA. 

The cats are freaking out at the moment.  The house next door is being demolished and the noise is bad.  Alan got under the sink for an hour or so.  I've put some boxes for them but they aren't happy at all. 

A few random photos.


Alan is under the sink!

Christopher at work.

Side of the house.




1 comment:

  1. Just a thought, would you spend less money on renting another place close to where to live now, and not moving?? The cost of rent verses the cost of all the repairs?

    ReplyDelete