Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2023

Quick Update

 I've been very busy the past couple of weeks.  Still clearing out the house.  I sometimes feel defeated by the amount of stuff there.  The last few times I went I spent time cleaning out all the clothes my mother-in-law had bought.  Most of the clothes are still new and will go to the local recycling shop.  I know I won't get a lot of money for them but I feel better knowing that somebody can get use out of them.  Stuff that has been used has been burned.  I felt good that all the drawers were empty.  I decided that I should start on the things that we have stored there.  So I went to the storage building but couldn't even get inside.  So that is my next task.  I have no idea what is in all the boxes there.  For the past 32 years I have dumped stuff there with the idea of getting rid of it later but later never came.  We started to throw out some of the junk but never got back to it.

Other than that it's been busy here.  Cleaning, throwing out, downsizing.  Hard but needs to be done.  I was cleaning out one cupboard last week when I came across some cards that Hisao made for me when I was teaching at kindergarten, that was before Christopher was born, so about 26 years ago.  Why are they still taking up space?

26 year old cards!

Hannah is on holiday from university.  She bought herself contact lenses.  I couldn't go with her, the idea of putting something in your eyes makes me cringe!  She has been trying them out at home for the past few days, I guess it takes time to get used to them.

I have good news and bad news.
The bad news is that I sneezed so hard the other day that I bit down and broke a tooth.  Back to the dentist.  He is doing a root canal but will take a few visits.  It's a front tooth so I have to be careful when smiling.
The good news is that I am finally under 100kg.  First time in about 17 years.  This morning I was 99.3kg.  I can't remember the last time I saw that number!  I eat normally but no sugar and am still trying to avoid carbs.  Somedays I do great other days are harder but I've stopped turning to food for comfort.  I actually don't miss sugar that much!  I have a doctor's appointment on the 22nd so I hope that my blood sugar numbers are better!


No comments:

Post a Comment