Pages

Saturday, March 18, 2023

What A Week

 Last Sunday Hannah and I went to see 'Dreamgirls.  Mikey drove us into the city, he was going to meet his friend from high school.  

The musical was very good.  Because I've seen the movie a couple of times it was easy to follow the storyline.  The actress playing Effie White was particularly good.  Her performance of  'And I am telling you'  gave me goosebumps!



Posters for Dreamgirls

We had a nice time but I was in pain the whole day.  I woke up at 3am with a stiff neck.  I figured I had slept funny, so took some pain killer and got on with my day.   By the time we got back home, I was in so much pain.  The left side of my neck, down the shoulder blade and shooting pains down my arm.  I had taken over the counter pain killer but it wasn't helping at all.  So I went to the emergency room.  I was surprised that I had a fever, 38C, I didn't feel feverish at all.  The doctor did a quick check and then gave me some strong pain killer so I could sleep.  I actually slept sitting on the sofa, lying down was impossible.  The next day I went to the orthopedic doctor who was treating me for my knee problem.  Got x-rays, turns out to be a slipped disk in my neck that was pressing on the nerve.  Got a months supply of painkillers and was told to rest.  So Monday and Tuesday I spent most of the time on the sofa.   I could read because holding a book or kindle was too hard, I did try.  So I watched daft TV or slept.  By Wednesday I was better and I could teach and by Thursday I was back to making lunch and cleaning.

Hannah made me laugh.  She was cooking herself some noodles the other night when she calls out "Mom, the pot is sad" when I asked what she was talking about she showed me this.

Sad Pot



No comments:

Post a Comment