Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

March

 I know Friday is the end of the month but this is close enough!

Hard month for my body, slipped disc in my neck,  tortured at the dentist, (and have to go back again on Thursday), and of course allergies that are driving me crazy.

Still dealing with the house.  One good thing is the possibility that somebody might want to buy some of our land, we won't get much money but every bit helps.  The house needs a lot of work on it.  The more stuff I throw out the more problems I'm uncovering.  The layout is bad, the large windows at the front are overshadowed by the roof making the rooms very dark.  I understand why this was done as it gets hot in the summer so having some shade does help.  But that means there is no sun in the winter to warm the rooms.  The house here gets nice and warm in the winter just having the curtains open, that has saved a lot on heating, in summer I keep the curtains closed during the hottest time of day.   I'm still trying to think of something positive about the house.  The only thing is the toilets are closer to the bedrooms!   

The House

 The house next door here has been taken down and they are now building two houses on the plot. At first the cats were scared of the noise but now seem to be supervising the work.


Mama cat is telling me that the work is going okay!!!

And the stray cat is still hanging around.  If the door is open he just walks in as if he owns the place. The other day he was in my room with Hannah.  He stayed for a while and seemed very comfortable!

Stray cat getting comfortable!

I'm still trying to drop some more weight.  My next appointment will be in June, so I would love to loose 5kg or more.  But the past couple of days our lunches have not been that healthy.  I made fish and chips yesterday, I did make a salad to go with it, so I ate more salad than chips. Today David made pizza with chips and salad!

Fish and chips, very nice!

David's pizza, also very nice!

It's cherry blossom season.  But it's been raining and windy so a lot of the blossoms were blown down.  Hannah managed to get some nice photos today.






Lovely photos
I hope in April to have all the stuff out of the house and start cleaning.  I need to get as much done before it gets hot as I get sick in the heat and I don't like the insects that come out in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment