Pages

Monday, February 13, 2023

Of Course

 The good things finished and back to the struggle.

Bit of background.  I find it hard to throw out things, I'm really a hoarder.  I know that things are just things but it is difficult to let go of stuff.  I have clothes that are 5 sizes to small but I'm still hanging on to them because you never know!  Because I'm like this with my stuff and household stuff the kids are the same.  Hannah is a bit better but still holding on to things.  

Yesterday I decided that I have to get rid of a lot of stuff.  So I helped Mikey and Christopher go through their clothes and filled a box with old stuff, somethings from junior high school!!  Mikey said that there is a place where old clothes can be dumped to recycle so we decided to go there, it's also near a good supermarket that has better quality meat and cheaper than near here.  So Mikey, Christopher and I went out. Went shopping, got some good bargins on meat. Then went to the recycle place.  They are no longer accepting clothes.  Never mind, we will have to burn them.  Went to another store and then started for home.  As we were driving back a light came on the dashboard, the engine was over heating.  We stopped and opened the hood, smoke starts pouring out, the radiator is completely dry.  We had passed a gas/ service station so we turned round and managed to get there.  The smell from the engine was awful, really burning smell.  Mikey talked to the staff who called the manager back from lunch.  Christopher and I went and had a look around another store.  Hour later Mikey called saying that we can drive home but need a new radiator.  Mikey had already booked the car in for it's MOT this week so they can change out the radiator.  But it's just another expense that we don't need.  I'm trying to save money so we can do things for the house but at this rate we won't be able to do anything!

I'm really fed up.  I had hoped to travel a bit this year but that is now looking like a pipe dream!

Where we broke down!


No comments:

Post a Comment