Pages

Friday, February 17, 2023

Back To The House

 And a complete melt down.

Mikey, Christopher and I went back to the house to try and clean things out a bit more.  Mikey and Christopher worked outside, sorting the trash into groups, metal, plastics etc so we can hire somebody to take the stuff away.  I worked inside. Spent half an hour throwing out underware and old socks, there were 7 draws stuffed with underwear and a cabinet full of socks.  I then moved into MIL's bedroom.  She had so many clothes, most she never wore.  When we lived with her, about 15 years ago, I moved her stuff from the larger bedroom.  I noticed all these catalogue boxes, stacked floor ceiling. She had opened the boxes but the clothes were still in the plastic bags, she had left the receipts inside, there was about 6000 pounds worth of clothes.  These clothes were still there, so I started to pack up things to take to the recycle shop.  I opened the window because of the dust and noticed that the rain pipe was held together with tape.

Rain pipe
I lost it. I got so angry.  Here I was surrounded by crap but she couldn't be bothered to fix the rain pipe.  I also noticed that bamboo from the neighbours yard had fallen on the roof, I really hope there is no damage.
I honestly don't want to move there, I would rather seell up and buy something near where I live now.  But nobody wants to live in that area, it's really in the countryside.  I know I could put it up for sale but it would take longer than two years to sell.  Some land in the area has been for sale for about 10 years!
I feel so awful, really depressed about this and trying to find something good isn't happening.  
We took a big box of clothes to the recycle shop and got 2 pounds. dpesn't even cover the gas!


1 comment:

  1. Maybe post pictures of those clothes on the internet on social media? Also say that people must pick it up? May take a bit longer but maybe you'll get more money?

    ReplyDelete