Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2021

Our Rescue Kitten

 As I said on Friday David found a kitten, dumped by the local supermarket.  He bought it home and we took care of it for a couple of days.  It was a lot harder to take care than I thought it would be.  I thought that because he gets hungry that he would take to the bottle easily but that was not the case.  In the end to get some milk into him Hannah or I would let him suckle our fingers and drip milk into his mouth. Some went in, some went down him, most dribbled down our fingers!  Getting pee out was easier, just gently rubbing him help him to go toilet, again I got covered in kitten pee a few times.

David managed to contact a local NPO group that fosters kittens until they are ready to go to their forever homes.  Yesterday we could take him and hand him over to a really nice lady.  I'm glad he is in good hands but of course I shed a tear or two, so did Hannah.  Hannah was very good, she stayed up for two nights, dozing on the sofa so she could take care if he woke up.




Our little rescue kitten

The older cats were very good.  They were curious but not aggressive.  Every time they came into the living room they would have a look, then walk off.

I bought a new cat tunnel for them.  They love it. Hannah managed to get a great photo. 

Look a tail is growing out of the tunnel!


No comments:

Post a Comment