Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Typhoon and Cats

 Typhoon 14 roared through here yesterday.  This typhoon had been dancing around the ocean just west of Kyushu for about a week.  The first forecasts had it going through South Korea but it dropped south came through northern Kyushu. The central pressure was 990hpa, so kind of strong.  My house has large metal shutters on the big windows which stops the windows being shattered by flying debris. They also cut the noise from outside, I actually opened the front door to see if the typhoon had passed, it hadn't but in the living room it was so quiet I thought it had finished.  All of my students called and canceled, which I'm fine with, it would of been dangerous to drive. I had a free evening so turned to Youtube for entertainment, I found an interesting documentary on tornadoes.  David couldn't figure out why I wanted to watch about tornadoes while in a typhoon.  What can I say?  I find these things interesting!

And cats!  They are driving me crazy.  Yes they are cute and very entertaining but the constant fighting is too  much.  It's worse than kids, at least they understand that fighting is not on and they grow out of it!  I'm not sure why they fight so much, there is enough food and water for all of them.  I have 10 litter boxes for nine cats so that shouldn't be a problem!  The worse ones are the oldest cats, 3 brothers (all the cats are fixed) they fight almost all the time.  One of the younger cats is trying to dominate the others but he gets put in his place.  We have to separate them at night otherwise we wouldn't be able to sleep!

lined up being quiet for a change

Alfie and Fred looking for lizards 

Alfie took Mamas place, she wasn't having it!

Looking cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment