Pages

Monday, September 20, 2021

Cook Books and Cooking Apps

 I love cooking!  Not in the summer but now the weather is cooling down I want to get back into the kitchen.  My problem is I get bored with the same meals, I figure there are so many different dishes to try and I love to experiment.  I have a book case full of cook books,  most in English some in Japanese.  I also have thousands of cook books on my kindle.  Then I have apps, a couple of Japanese ones and a couple of English ones.  The biggest problem is finding ingredients in Japan for English recipes.  Somethings are okay but many times I have to figure out substitutes for things, so I often wonder how close to the real taste am I getting!

Then there is baking.  I'm fascinated by the fact that the same four ingredients, butter, sugar, eggs and flour can be made into so many different things.  Just changing the ratios one can make cakes or cookies, add some flavor, chocolate or fruits and the result is so different.  I haven't baked for a while, it's been too hot but I'm hoping to start again, I have a craving for scones so I might make some this week.

My cook books

with a cat on top


No comments:

Post a Comment