Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Over Stressed

Life with cats is not the fun relaxing thing I thought it would be.  They seem to spend
most of their waking hours trying to kill each other or peeing where they shouldn't.
The three kittens are all male so of course this aggressive behavior is part of what
they are!  I want to get them spayed but the vet we use isn't doing the operations until
April, so another month of staying awake until after 1 o'clock or finding another vet!
As for the peeing I will have to buy another litter box, so that is easy to fix, I hope.

The biggest stress though is my mother in laws situation.  She can't get welfare to cover
her staying in a care home.  She can't go home and she can't stay with us.  So a care
home is the only choice. Problem is that on paper she looks rich. She owns her own house and a lot
of land.  We are willing to sell the land but it is in an area that nobody wants to buy, plus
it is zoned as farming land and changing the zoning is a nightmare.  The care manager
said that her pension can cover her stay in hospital but reality is that I am spending
about 200 pounds a month on her, she needs adult nappies and other things that are
not provided by the hospital, plus we have to drive out there. about an hour each way,
to pick up her laundry each week.  The money I am using is money I should be saving for Hannah
to go to university!   I am losing sleep trying to figure out what to do!  Looks
like another round of talking to people who aren't going to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment