Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Too Much To Deal With

Life seems to go in cycles of being really busy and totally stressed to times where
nothing happens at all and I get bored! Not sure which one I prefer!
This past week has been hectic and stressful. My mother in law is still in hospital.
Even after months of tests the doctors aren't sure what is wrong. I think it's just a
case of her body slowing down, she is 81 after all!  But she isn't sick enough to warrant
a hospital bed, but she is not well enough to go home. So we are looking for care home
for her.  But money is the problem. Care homes in Japan are very expensive. Because of
the aging population the government pushes families to take care of the elderly at home.
To do this they make the care homes very expensive.  For us taking care of my mother in
law at home is not a choice. she is verbally and emotionally abusive.  So last week David
and I did the rounds of talking to social workers, finally accessing mother in law's pension,
paying off some of the hospital bill.  According to the social worker the city can make up the
money for the care home if the pension is not enough.  My worry is if we have buy
personal items for my mother in law, such as nappies, toothpaste, shampoo etc it gets to
be a lot. The past few months we have been buying her nappies and doing her laundry
which has come to over 100 pounds a month. That may sound like not a lot but that 100 o
pounds is what I should be saving for Hannah to go to university!

Then just to add to the stress the black kitten got sick.  He stopped eating and was having
a hard time going to the toilet.  I thought he was just constipated.  This morning David
and Christopher took him to the vets, turns out that he had kidney failure. Apparently the
food we were giving him caused kidney stones so we have to change the food or the
other cats will get sick.  The cat has to stay in the vets for a few days, I have no idea how we
are going to pay for this.

Poor Alan is in hospital


No comments:

Post a Comment