Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

2018

Every year a kanji (the Chinese characters that are used in Japanese writing) is chosen to
represent the year.  This year the chosen kanji was the kanji for disaster. Japan was hit by so many natural disasters.   From a volcano that erupted near a ski resort, to earthquakes, typhoons and
rain that caused flood and landslides.  Plus the heat wave that saw some cities with a temperature of 41C.  It was a hard year.
Also on a personal level 2018 has been hard.  Started out okay, Christopher graduated from college, but is still looking for a job!  Hannah got into the high school she tried for.  But after that it was
all down hill.  MIL's sister died.  A few weeks later our neighbor died.  Mikey found her outside of her house and called the ambulance.   Then I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a mastectomy. Spent a week in hospital.  My recovery was during the heat wave of summer, I always
have a hard time in summer but this year was the worst!  Then MIL was rushed into hospital in September, where she still is!  The doctors have no idea what's wrong with her.  I have no way getting her pension so all the bills are coming to me!
So I hope that 2019 is better,  I need to make money, pay bills.  Sort out MIL's situation.  Hope that
Christopher can get a job soon and that Hannah keeps up her study at school.
Here's wishing my readers a happy 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment