Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

New Year!

Half way through January and I have had enough of this year!
Our New Year celebrations were very quiet.  Good food, daft TV and the kids playing on
the new game system.  Managed to get some deep cleaning done, as always lots of
things to be thrown out.  I was helping in Christopher's room, he had clothes from
when he was in elementary school.  All I could think was why haven't these things
been thrown away before.
One of my lovely students bought a cake for Mikey's and Christopher's birthday.  That
was very nice of her.  Of course they got nice birthday dinners.
So that is the good stuff.  The bad.....on January 3rd we had an earthquake.  Here wasn't
too bad but still scary.  Who knows if we will get more or bigger ones.  The epi center was
closer this time, not a nice feeling.
My mother in law is still in hospital and we are expected to pay for her medical bills.  Also
we have to buy adult nappies for her and other things that she needs.  I have no idea how I am
supposed to pay for that.  I am just getting by.  Just to add to my stress a lot of students suddenly quit.
So income has gone down but expenses have gone up!
Then last night I could smell gas.   I came downstairs to see if the gas cooker had been left on.
That woke the cats, they woke David.  He came down saying that he could also smell gas.
So at 2am we called the gas emergency hot line.  They sent a gas engineer, he checked everything
but couldn't find a leak anywhere.  I opened all the windows downstairs and in the bedroom, of
course last night was the first real cold night that we have had this winter!
Things have to get better, don't they?


Cute cats to finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment