Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas 2018

I managed to pull myself out of my funk and get Christmas done for my kids.
We had great food. watched movies and had presents.  Not as much as before but everybody got
what they wanted or needed!
Christmas Eve we did party food.  David made pizza from scratch, I did a quiche. we had
sandwiches and sushi!  Lots of desserts as well, trifle. chocolate cake and mince pies!


Christmas Eve food
We took some rather strange photos!



With the kids

Turtle Cat

Mikey was out most of the day, came back and ate cake!
Christmas morning was nice and quiet.  So different to the years of kids shouting and getting
all excited about the presents!  I got up late, well about 8am, Hannah and Christopher were
already down stairs, eating trifle for breakfast!  I gave them their presents, I didn't want to leave
things out because the cats would attack!  Hannah got some DVDs that she asked for and a CD, also some lovely PJs!  The boys got clothes that they needed.  I got a Nintendo switch for everybody to
play on!  David bought books for everybody.  I'm enjoying mine but it feels strange to read a real
book as I usually read on my kindle!
Dinner was nice. Roast chicken and all the trimmings.  I have lamb but miscalculated the cooking
time in the slow cooker, we will have it today!

Hannah with her DVDs and CD

Christopher figuring out the Nintendo Switch



I had to go to the hospital to take my MIL her clean laundry and pick up her dirty stuff.  This is a
weekly thing now!  It depresses me so much going there, these old people are in pain and being kept alive by so much medicine and procedures, but they aren't really living, just lying around in a
hospital.  When I think about the kind of life my MIL had, always on the go, always working.  My husband said that some seasons she would work for 24 hours with out sleep.  To go from that to being confined to bed must be hard and sad.  The hard part is that her mind is still clear, just her body
is not good! I think she misses being at home, she told Mikey she just wants to go home, that made
me cry!
Still Christmas was good and I had a nice time. I realized that it isn't about presents and Christmas trees, those are nice, but having a laugh with my kids, watching a movie together, just having time
to relax together without worrying about work or school, that is Christmas.
I hope all my readers have had wonderful holidays however you celebrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment