Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2018

Trying to Move More

I'm still reading the book on moving more.  I never thought about how much
I don't move but when I looked carefully at my day I spend 80% of my time sitting.
Some is unavoidable, eating for instance and of course sleeping (lying down but still
not moving),  But I spend a lot of time watching TV, reading or on the computer.
Last week when I took Christopher and Hannah to the city I walked a lot. We arrived to early
so spent about 2 hours walking around, plus walking to and from the station.  The next
couple of days I really paid for it, I couldn't walk, my legs were so painful.  Kids told
me I need more exercise, which I know is true!  Also I went to Costco, another lot of walking.
But those are unusual things, not daily life.  One thing I am trying to do is not to ask the
kids to get things for me.  If I need something from upstairs or another room I usually
ask one of the kids to get it for me. But the past week I have been trying to get things myself.
Also the cats make me move more, they get into things that they shouldn't and having to move
them means I move more.  I really do need to be careful, yesterday I was watching a movie
and noticed that I was getting pains in my thigh because of sitting for so long.  I managed
to walk it off but it was worrying!
So here is to more active life, I have to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment