Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ten Years

Today is ten years since my Mom passed away.
I'm really having a hard time with that!  How can it be ten years?  Feels like just yesterday that my Dad called and told me.  Mom had cancer and knew she didn't have long.  When the doctor finally found what was wrong she was given 2 years to live. She lived exactly 2 years!
I've missed my Mom the most these past 18 months.  She was the one who could have helped me, comforted me after Hisao passed away.  She would of known what to say to keep me going. 

My Mom could be a real nut case. I remember one Christmas the ladies that we worked with went out for a Christmas dinner.   Afterward we were waiting for the taxi to come I decided  to start a snowball fight.  I thought that I could get away from Mom but she could run!  She didn't throw snow at me but dumped a load down my back!  Then thought it very funny as I stood screaming!
She loved my kids so much.  She would look forward to our visits.  The week before we arrived I would get a phone call almost everyday asking if the kids would like this, that or the other.  The one Christmas that we visited she took Mikey shopping.  He came back with a load of goodies!  Mom knew how to spoil her grandkids!


No comments:

Post a Comment