Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

What a Weekend

Growing up weekends were always a chance to relax and recharge. School and work were Monday to Friday.  Saturday and Sunday were free!  Of course Saturday morning we had chores (at least I did, i don't remember my brothers doing anything, selective memory?), but after that I was free.  One clear memory I do have is rushing to do homework Sunday evening, I put it off until the last moment!
In Japan it seems that everyday is a work day.  Saturday is busy teaching but I try to keep Sunday free!
But this past weekend was just non stop busy!
Saturday morning I was out in the garden before 8am, pulling weeds and trying to tidy round.  I asked the kids to help out but they were more interested in sitting on the sofa watching daft TV, soon put a stop to that.  Saturday I had a few extra lessons to help for the Eiken test the next day.  I taught, shopped, cleaned out a draw in the kitchen, folded laundry, cleaned the teaching room and of course cooked.  Sunday was the Eiken test, shopping, more gardening, cleaned the kitchen floor and the bathroom, made a big dinner.  Now I am exhausted and the week is just begining! HELP!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie,
    I read all your blog and I'm amazed how brave you are! Congrats on your great kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      Thanks for your comment. I'm not that brave, just I get no choice. I am trying to live the life my husband would want for us, it's the one thing I can do to honor him!

      Delete