Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

endings, beginings and sniffles

It's that time of year again.  March is the end of the school year here in Japan, so many graduation ceremonies.  In our family we had one graduation, David graduated from high school.  Mikey and I went to the ceremony. It was nice but rather long. We were there from 9 in the morning until 1 in the afternoon.  239 kids graduated, 238 kids walked up the steps to recieve their dipolma, only one kid fell on the steps and of course that was David.  After the main ceremony the kids in the evening school meet together with their teachers.  There were only 4 kids in the class, but nine teachers!!  Each teacher spoke about the kids, everybody was crying, except me!  I guess not understanding much Japanese helps sometimes!  I'm glad that it is over and done with!  Now he has to start university!  He is applying to the University of the Air, similar to The Open University in England.  He is going to study psychology and education.  Should be interesting.
Other than that I haven't really done anything the past couple of weeks!  I have seasonal allergies and this spring has been the worst in years, I feel really ill with awful headaches and now coughing all night!  Also poor Mikey is bad with it as well!!!  I hope that I can get over it soon as I have a load of things that need to be done. I really want to get in the garden, it needs a good clean and I want to start growing things, not just weeds!!!
Sorry for any spelling mistakes, the spell checker isn't working!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment