Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Near Death Experience

Well not quite!  Yesterday during lunch I ended up choking on a piece of meat.  I couldn't swallow it or cough it up.  It was well and truly stuck, plus having asthma didn't help at all.  The choking didn't last long but it is amazing the amount of thoughts that can go through one's head in such a short time.  First I was scared, not being able to breathe is really scary, I wondered if this is what Hisao felt when he died, was he scared?  Then I thought about my kids and how I am their only parent now.  Even if I feel that I am not doing a good job of parenting them most days, I am all they have.  I need to be around to protect them nd help them grow up to be the best they can be!!!  This has led to a me rethinking my health and diet, I guess it is time to grow up and take responsibility for my health.  I am over weight and ignoring it doesn't make it go away.  I want to have a long life and I want to do things,  I also have get my allergies under control.  The past week I have been rather ill with allergies and blocked ears.  I have so much to so but feeling so run down and wiped out doesn't help at all!! 
Also I have so much to learn.  Japanese of course, not the most inspiring thing, but I need to be able to understand more and read and write at least basic things.  I never bothered before because hubby took care of everything and I could rely on the kids but I need to be independent to a certain degree and I need language for that!  Also I have to do something about the garden.  Mikey and I went to the local home center yesterday to pick up some plants for the front.  I was overwhelmed by the choice and had no idea what would be good. I bought four little plants but have no confidence that they are okay.  Plus I need to learn more about computers.  All our computers are rather old.  Hisao's hobby was repairing computers, he could rebuild them from parts that he picked up.  But we might need to invest in a new one in the next year or so.  And I want to get the best for our money.  So a lot to do!

Hannah came home with a certificate yesterday. She got it for her art work.  They had to make a letter holder and hers turned out rather well.

No comments:

Post a Comment