Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Doctors

I took myself off to the doctors yesterday.  This allergy/cold/asthma thing that I have is driving me crazy!  I spent most of Sunday. Monday and Tuesday nights hacking away.  So annoying!  I have so many medicines now, 3 for asthma, allergy medicines and something for my nose!!  I hope that it helps as I feel really miserable!
The big shock was my blood pressure. Even though I am big my blood pressure has always been low  to normal.  This time however it was 140 over 80.  I was really shocked.  I guess this is the reality of getting older and fatter.  My weight is no longer a cosmetic concern but is becoming a medical problem!!!  Friday I am going to get blood work done to check for diabetes!!!  My brother has had diabetes for about 12 years, so it is a worry for me!  I've checked twice before but I have noticed that my desire for sweet things is the strongest ever.  I hope that I'm okay but it's better to check!
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Jackie, sounds like you have been suffering. I hope that you can take care of your health and do whatever you need to do to keep yourself fit. It is something I guess we all take for granted until it is gone. I wish you all the very best at the doctor's and hope that everything is good. x

    ReplyDelete