Pages

Saturday, February 22, 2014

To diet or not to diet

I have to loose weight.  I know that I keep saying that and doing nothing about it.  But I am in a dilemma. I have two choices, keep doing what I am doing, gain weight every year, risk getting diabetes, heart problems and less mobility or change my life style, eat healthy, exercise, gain more mobility and maybe a few more years of life.  Putting it down in black and white the choice is obvious, eat healthy, move more, live longer.  But that doesn't take into account my feeling, the struggle I have with food.  I love food, I love to cook and bake. I could spend hours in the kitchen and even more hours eating what I make. It also doesn't take into account that food comforts me, that a donut or a piece of cake won't criticize me, tell me that I am worthless and that I have failed at everything.  It just is, sweet and comforting for those few minutes that I have it.  All rather childish but that is what I am struggling.
So what to do?
I know, grow up and get a grip!
The only way I can do this is to take one day at a time, even one hour at a time.
And maybe get somewhere with loosing this weight!
I will try to post updates but don't hold your breath!

Today the weather is nice.
I am thinking about spring cleaning, I can see so much dust collecting, little corners that need to be cleaned out.  If the weather stays nice this week I'll make a start.
I have so much "stuff" here, far too much for this house, so I am hoping to take things over to MIL's.  She has a big store house, we have always kept the stuff we aren't using there.  But even that needs to be sorted and stuff actually thrown away.    Lot to get done!

1 comment: