Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer cold

I have an awful summer cold.  I hate this!  Head hurts, throat is on fire and coughing all the time.  It is also raining a lot making everything damp and with the damp comes mold that no matter how much I clean it comes back.  So starts the summer!!  This year we have been lucky so far in that it hasn't been extremely hot, the highest so far has been 30C...good!  
Another problem this year is the power cuts that people will be getting.  Some of my students have all electric houses, which means that making meals is going to be tough.  I remember as a kid having power cuts because of the coal miners strike.  No coal, no electricity.  That was hard winter, schools were not heated, no school dinners, no TV in the evenings, no reading either because no lights.  It was a hard time and I feel sorry for those in Japan who have to go through this.  We got lucky this time because we live near the city hall which of course needs power so our area will not affected.   But I will be careful with power and not run the air conditioners 24/7, can't afford it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment