Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Of coughs, cockroaches, parties and stumble upon

The past few days have been rather interesting.  I still have a cough from that summer cold I had two weeks ago. I'm not coughing as much as before but the cough is SCARY.  Coughing forces air out of your lungs, then you need to breathe in to get air back in.  But the last few days when I cough it feels as though my throat is closing off and I can't breathe.  From research on the web, (where else?) I have found the best way is to relax and breathe through my nose.  Sounds easy but it is very difficult to remember in the middle of a panic.  And because misery loves company both Christopher and Hannah have started to cough.  Hannah has been sleeping in my room the past few nights, she prepares me a bag for the night, a bottle of water, tissues and a towel.  The other night she woke up every time I coughed and took care of me.  Sweet!!  Last night was her turn to be sick, she coughed for about 3 hours.  Today we went to the doctors, I have asthma, Hannah maybe a cold!!  Great fun.

Talking about fun, or maybe not really fun, was the return of the cockroach or his friend.  Another monster found its way into the house.  Just in the entrance, above the door. David, being very clever, got a chair, stood on it and sprayed the cockroach.  The stupid thing flew at him and he fell off the chair, poor kid, I'm shouting "Have you got it, where is it?"  David looked at me and asked "What about me, I fell off the chair?"  My answer was "But David you are always falling off things."   The cockroach is still on the loose, I am being very careful!!

The kids have finished the first term of school.  So we had a party on Sunday, we ate nice food and watched a movie.  I feel that time is passing so fast and I want to celebrate things. even just getting through a term at school is something to celebrate. 
I spent a lot of time in the kitchen (thank God for air conditioners and fans).  I made some zucchini pizza bites.  I got the idea here http://www.skinnytaste.com/      I changed them a bit to fit what I had in the fridge, but they were nice.



Party food, middle of top photo are rhe zucchini pizza


Hannah helping with the cupcakes
Finally for today I found the 'Stumble upon' web page.  Very dangerous.  I spent hours the other day.  It is too easy to start following links.  But I have found some great sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment