Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Bad Day

Not really bad bad but not one of my best days.
I had plans, cleaning to get done, lesson plans to make, things to do.  But my cold has settled onto my chest making me cough constantly.  So after Christopher and Hannah went to school I went back to bed. Got myself drugged up with cold medicine, determinded to beat this.  Didn't work, still coughing, still have headache, still feel awful.
I slept almost all day.  Got up about 3 oclock, put some chicken breasts in oven to cook.  Even sick I still have to fed everybody!!  Hannah gets back just after 4 oclock with her usual greetings of   "I'm home. Mom, I'm hungry"  So I go to get the chicken out of the oven, thinking I could make her a sandwich.  As I moved the chicken the hot fat spilt out onto my foot, scalding it.  I stand in kitchen, shouting for help.  Mikey comes and puts some ice packs on it, but I need water.  Hubby comes and gives me a small bowl that my big foot can't get in.  He then has a great idea and gets the mop bucket, fills it with water and ice and gives that to me.  So I am sitting with my foot in a mop bucket,  the only thing the kids can say is that it is something to blog about!  No sympathy at all.


foot in bucket!!

Anyway there are no marks on my foot and the stinging ended a few hours later.
I get through my lessons okay, no little kids so no shouting which helps a lot.  The last class finished at 9pm.  Our dog likes to have a quick walk then but it was pouring down with rain, so she is quiet.  I'm all set for a nice cup of tea and a few pages of my book before bed.  About an hour later the dog starts yapping.  She has this horrible high pitch yap that goes through me.  I drag Christopher out of bed to walk the dog. The rain had stopped, just spitting.   Just as we got to the corner of the street the heavens openend and we got soaked.  Great ending to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment