Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer

Tomorrow starts the summer holidays for the kids.  I am sure this is some sort of trick, where has the first half of this year gone to?  I'm really having a hard time believing that it is the last half of July.
Summer holidays here are hard, the weather makes it impossible for the kids to get out much.  My memories of summer holidays were long days walking the hills near my house, or playing in the garden.  But with temperatures over 30C that is rather difficult.  We try to get out, there is a nice water park near here which is fun.  Other than that late evening walks with the dog are our chance to get out.  So what to do when the "I'm bored" whining starts.  I don't want the kids on the games all day everyday.  This year I am going crafty, Hannah is at the age to learn sewing, knitting etc.  I can't really sew so we can learn together.  Christopher is in the last year of junior high school so his summer will be made up of a lot of study, he has to choose his high school and prepare for the entrance tests.  The term examination hell really makes sense as the tension increases as the tests get nearer.  I'm going crazy and I'm not taking the test!!  But I also hope to spend time with him, he needs to learn to cook and since I will be making 3 meals a day it's a good chance!  Also we have a 1000 piece puzzle to do. 

A few random pictures from the last week or so


Hannah on the way to school. Monday mornings she has so much to take




The dog  Lucky






A tori Gate...to no where?


No comments:

Post a Comment