Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dentists

Poor hubby had to have a tooth removed yesterday.  He came home with his jaw swollen.  The gums around the tooth we red and inflamed.  He managed to get a last minuete appointment and came back unable to talk properly....peace!!   But he had to teach a junior high class, he managed okay.  I know if were me I would just go to bed.  I HATE dentists but my teeth are bad and I have to go....next week or the week after or sometime.

The great bedroom challenge came to grinding halt!  It just seems so hard to get things put away.  I think it is my fault.  I like things to hand,  I find it hard to put things away because I know I will need them someday.  So I have piles all over the place, pile clothes here, books there, papers on my desk.  And it looks like my kids have the same habit.  But habits can be changed.  I am trying, one pile at a time.  My teaching room is in disorder because of this habit, today and tomorrow I need to sort and throw out stuff that is not useful, I have loads of prints that the kids  teach have done, they are finished but I keep them, why?  So cleaning and decluttering.  Got to get the habit!!


Also I forget to say where my hometown is when I wrote about being homesick!!  I'm from Wolverhampton, in the West Midlands.  It's an industrial area and even though it is my hometown it is not a place I would recommend for vistitors.  There are some lovely places and many historical places as well but some areas are dangerous with crime and gang problems.  Even the local area that I grew up in has problems now and people are advised to be careful when walking out in the evening.  My Mom was attacked just round the corner from her house, the same area that I use to deliver newspapers when I was a teen!

This is a link to google maps, I tried to put in here but it wouldn't work!

http://goo.gl/maps/zsHb


Little update.  I found that Wolverhampton has a page on Wikpedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverhampton

Even I learnt something, the first automatic traaffic lights in the UK were in Wolverhampton.  As you scroll down you will see the areas in Wolverhampton.  I grew up in the  Lanesfield, Woodcross area and my school was in Parkfields.  When I was a teen I spent most of my Saturday mornings in Bilston and even worked on the market there for few months.  Furthur down the page is a list of places nearby.  Bridgnorth is where I was born and lived until I was about four.  All these places bring many memories to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment