Recipes

Monday, September 9, 2024

MAD

 The weather, not me!!

I had an excessive heat warning on my phone today.  The high was 36C, a real feel of 37C. This is September, it should be cooling down but it isn't!

Tomorrow's forecast is for "guerrilla rain", it's a term that has been coined by the Japanese media to describe a sudden heavy downpour of rain, many times accompanied by thunder! These are storms that come on with little to no warning.  If we do get that tomorrow it might help to cool things down a tiny bit.

Again, David, Christopher, and I went to the other house.  I managed to empty three big boxes of books and get them onto shelves. I've found that there are a lot of ledges that run around the top of the rooms, over the doors and cupboards, in the tatami room there is a ledge all the way around the room, I think it was to hang pictures from. The problem is that they have never been cleaned, 33 years of dust waiting for me!!

We spent time in the kitchen/dining area. This will be the main area for us, the other rooms will be bedrooms, so we want to make this as nice as possible. I had kept some dishes, soup bowls, and cups that my mother-in-law had. Even after throwing away a lot, there are still far too many, so another look through and dumping of stuff. I did find a lovely set of cups that I want to keep.


Nice find!

I can imagine having a nice cup of tea or cocoa in them, using the lid to keep it warm. The saucer is like a little tray, just the right size to put some cookies or a piece of cake on.  I think these were a gift, they were in a beautiful box and look like they have never been used!

I need to rest a bit. I'm still exhausted.  Working in the heat, without an air conditioner isn't good. We opened as many of the windows as possible but it was still hot. There was a little breeze which helped and there is a fan that I can use. I would do 10 minutes of work, then 10 minutes in front of the fan. I really do need to pace myself.

Tomorrow, Hannah and I are going to see Jesus Christ, Superstar. I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment