Recipes

Monday, September 16, 2024

Relentless

That is the only way to describe the heat! 

Yesterday was up to 38C. Today was about 36C but we had a thunderstorm for about three hours. It feels a little cooler but not much, and it is very humid!

Went to the other house this morning, tried to get there early.  I thought we would have a few hours before it got too hot but by 8 am it was 31C.  We did a lot, cleaned out the last room, just need to do the floor in there.  Emptied out a few more boxes of books. I'm surprised at how many books I still have, I've thrown away and given away so many but still seems to be a lot. I think once we are settled I can go through them again and see if I can get rid of more!  

Found a couple of friends, a massive cockroach, that had me screaming and yelling for help. I found the spray and managed to kill it. I really hate bugs, cockroaches make my skin crawl!

The other friend was a spider.

Big spider

I have no idea why but these don't bother me. I would rather they stay outside but unlike bugs, they don't make me scream!

Did a bit of shopping on the way back. Even in the cheaper supermarket the fruits and vegetables were expensive. I bought a few things but not as much as I usually do.  One good thing is that rice is back on the shelves, a bit more expensive than before, I hope that the price will settle soon.

I took a couple of photos from the supermarket parking lot.

bike store opposite the supermarket

supermarket sign board

I was amazed at how fast those clouds turned dark, just a couple of hours after these photos we had an intense thunderstorm.

clouds gathering over the mountains

On the way back I could see the storm clouds gathering over the mountains!



Full Moon

The storm has blown over and left us with a beautiful full moon!











No comments:

Post a Comment