Pages

Friday, December 8, 2023

Cold

 Me not the weather.  The weather is very mild, up to 21C tomorrow, but Monday and Tuesday it's going to rain.

Yesterday morning I woke up coughing and sneezing. Just sneezing I know it's allergies but if I'm coughing as well, then it could be a cold or the start of flu.  There's a lot of that going round, almost everyday one student is absent because of a cold or the flu.  I'm trying to be careful but being around children almost everyday means that it's easy to catch something!!  But yesterday was very strange, I just could not get warm.  I ate a bit of breakfast so I could take some medicine, decided to sleep, hoping that by the time I had to teach I would feel a bit better.  Got into bed, had my electric blanket but I couldn't get warm, checked my temperature, it was only 35.5C,  I don't think I've ever had such a low temperature.  It stayed like that all day, even sitting in front of a heater didn't help.  By the evening I was feeling a bit better, drank a lot of hot tea and David had made a massive pot of chicken soup, which helped.  Still not sure what was wrong, just a very strange day!!   

I've been trying to clean as much as possible.  In Japan the week before New Years is the big cleaning time, I've tried to do it but it's so cold that it's difficult to get a lot done, so I've started early.  I've done the two rooms that we use for teaching, need to do the windows in there.  I want to get the kitchen done and the understairs cupboard this weekend.  We will see!!

Cat pictures as always.

Why?

Mama found the warm spot

Steve snuggled up


No comments:

Post a Comment