Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Mobility

 Something I never thought about, my mobility.  I've been overweight most of my life.  I've been obese these past 15 years or so and morbidly obese the past 8 years (about).  Through all that my health has been okay, blood pressure, cholesterol, no diabetes, heart health okay.  I never worried about being fat, it's not fun but if all the blood tests are okay and I'm not going to drop dead tomorrow then so be it!  But about 3 years ago I started having pain in my right knee.  Went to the doctors and was told that it was osteoarthritis, basic wear and tear on the knee.  I was told to lose weight.  The doctor wasn't happy when I asked why only one knee was painful when both knees carry the same weight!  He never answered that!  So, I've been trying to lose some weight, from my highest I've dropped about 9kgs!  Taken a few years but at least it's in the right direction!  But walking to the dentist last week shocked me.  It's just a 5-minute walk but took me twice that long, I just couldn't walk at a good pace.  Hannah walked off, she said she was walking slowly but I was too slow.  I was wearing my knee brace but even that didn't help much.  After I was so tired but had to shop.  I noticed that in the supermarket when I use the cart it was easier to walk.  So, I bought myself a walking stick.  Makes me feel very old but if it means that I can move more I guess it's good.  

My walking stick.

Halloween tree at the local mall!
I made scotch eggs the other day.  Easy to make, cheap and filling.  Except for Mikey we had them for lunch.  Mikey had his in the evening.  When I cut his open it looked like eyes.
scotch egg eyes!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment