Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Dentist

 At the beginning of the pandemic, I broke a tooth!  It didn't hurt so I decided just to wait.  The first covid viruses really scared me as it seemed to attack the lungs.  Being obese and having asthma I really didn't want to risk exposure.  One pet peeve I have with the dentist is the light.  The dentist or nurse have their hands in my mouth, they adjust the light, hands back in my mouth, then on to the next patient without cleaning the light.  I imagine all the germs, bacteria and viruses having a lovely party on the light! Which is why I didn't want to go during the pandemic. Now two years later the hole is bigger and joined by another hole.  Also, the past couple of weeks I've had pain along my jaw line where there are no teeth!  This morning Hannah and I went off to the dentist.  Hannah wanted a checkup and clean.  Her teeth are fine, no cavities at all.  She was told to go back in the spring!  Me, on the other hand, ended up with x-rays, local antithetic and lots of lovely drilling.  Did I mention that I'm afraid of the dentist and I have a very sensitive gag reflex?  Awful feeling, lying there, gagging and wondering how much his watch cost and if it was hygienic.

Hannah and I walked to the dentist.  Just a few minutes' walk.  But with my knee it took a bit longer.  I'm glad I walked.  I wanted to challenge, to see how far I could go.  One thing I love about living here is how convenient it is.  Within walking distance is a supermarket, drug store, doctors and dentist.  I can't drive so being able to walk to these places gave me a feeling of independence.  But the past few years I've lost my mobility and wasn't able to walk far at all.  I've lost a bit of weight which has helped with that!


Next to the dentist, liquor store

lovely October day
I always wondered how many people go into the liquor store after the dentist!


No comments:

Post a Comment